CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 11, 2010

First Day of "School"

Ok. So, today was our first day of "school". Again, it's not really school, just a little daily structured activity with Felicity. Though, I think Wes was more excited than she was.



This week's theme is "cows". So, we read a book called "Click, Clack, Moo. Cows that Type". Felicity enjoyed the repitition and even joined in when it was time to say "Moo". Of course, that's the only animal sound Wes knows, so he did it too. Then we talked about what month and date it was, what the weather was like, and what the weather might be like tomorrow.

Here's a picture of the "classroom board".




We also talked about the letter "A", the number "1", the shape "square", and learned the nursery rhyme "Hey Diddle Diddle". The vocabulary word for the week is "calf".

After we read the book and talked about all the new stuff Tize was going to learn this week, both kids got to color a picture of a cow.










They also each got a letter "A" to trace with their fingers and color. I know it will still take a while for Felicity to "really" get it, but it was fun to hear her say "A", and then have Westley repeating it. =)




I definitely learned that Tize's attention span is not quite as long as I thought. Though, I was shocked at how long she DID pay attention.

We will read the book and rhyme again later today, as well as sing the song. All in all, I think it went fairly well, and I know it will get better with time.

I just moved the "Fridge Phonics" toy from the fridge to the front door and only gave them the letter "A" magnet.

Later today I'm planning on making a chore chart for her. It will have a picture of the toy bins, one of her brushing her teeth, and a picture of her bed all made. Each day she moves all 3 over to the "finished" pocket, we'll give her a sticker. If she has 5 stickers by the end of the week, we'll give her a little "allowance". We want to teach her the value of money and saving as well.

For now, I'm off to make lunch. We've still got grocery shopping and dinner planning ahead of us. If all goes as planned, we're going to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch, so Felicity will get a little bit of motor skills and math today too!

Have a great day!

Love,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Sarah that looks awesome!!! If I had the money I'd hire you to make me a board!! And smart of you to get Wes involved, he'll learn without even realizing it, just by trying to do what he sees his big sis do. Great job!

    ReplyDelete