CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Awesome Diaper Deal from KMart Double Days Last Week

Awesome Diaper Deal!



Ok, so, I'll explain about KMart Double Days in my next post, for now, I'm going to explain the diaper addiction above! LOL.

Anyways, one of the bloggers that I read daily, STL Mommy posted a way to get Huggies brand diapers for just $0.08 per diaper! Now, if you don't have kids, you won't know, but $0.08 a diaper is an INSANE deal! I normally buy Luv's diapers at BJ's Wholesale (a warehouse store like Costco), as they are the most reasonable at $0.17 per diaper. (Huggies usually run around $0.24 - $0.29 per diaper!)

Anyways, here's what I did. I purchased five packages of Huggies diapers for $9.99 each (total of $49.95), then I bought another specific product (they were running a special), to bring my total to just over $50. I then used five $2.00 off Huggies coupons, which double to $4.00 off because of double days. This brings my total down to about $29.42 with tax. So, I pay OOP (out-of-pocket), $29.42. Then, the register prints out a $12 off my next order coupon. When you factor that in to the $29.42, it comes out to $17.42. That's $3.48 per pack of Huggies (with taxes)! Which comes out to about $0.11 per diaper!

When I got home, I filled out a form for Caregiver's Marketplace. They will send me a check for $0.75 for each pack of diapers that I buy, making each pack $2.73! Now, Westley wears size 4 diapers, and there are either 27 or 31 in the pack, depending on the type of Huggies diaper. If it's the 31 -pack, the diapers are $0.09 each! Smaller size packs have more diapers, making each individual diaper less!

Needless to say, I bought 20 packs of diapers! I used two of my $12 coupons towards packages of Luv's diapers, which gave me 104 MORE diapers, basically for free! The other two $12 off coupons, I used towards dog food and other purchases (see pictures below).











There should have been one more picture of the last set of diapers (that my parents went special to Kmart for me to get! Those of you who know my family, can you picture my dad buying all these diapers with coupons and having to make sure that the right coupon gets picked. LOL.)

So, all in all, For the days that I went to Kmart for diapers, I spent a total of: $144.44. I got 22 packs of diapers, a total of: 664 diapers! If you factor in the $15 I will recieve back from Caregiver's marketplace, that makes it $129.44. Then, factor in the two $12 coupons I used towards other things, makes it $105.44. Then, subtract the $6 for the Halloween candy I bought for my mom, brings it to $99.44. That paid for 22 packs of diapers, and all the other stuff in the pictures above! Some of the other items were:

18 pounds of dog food
6 bags of Halloween Candy
4 boxes Special K Cereal
2 Special K crackers
3 Wheat Thins
3 boxes A&H Dryer Sheets
40 Bic Razors (four 10-packs)
Huggies wipes

And lots of other stuff!

If I was ONLY paying for the diapers, my total (after taxes) would have been as follows: $212.79 - four $5 off coupons= $192.79 - four $12 off next purchase coupons = $144.79 - 20 $2.00 off coupons (which actually doubled to $4 off each) = $64.79 - $15 rebate checks I will receive from Caregiver's Marketplace = $49.79 for 664 diapers! That makes all the diapers $0.08 per diaper!! Woo-hoo! 1 box of Luv's from BJ's gives me 180 diapers for $29.99: about $0.17 per diaper.

Anyways, that was a LOT of figuring out. I am sooo excited!

Keep checking back for more great deals, and for Couponing 101!

Love,

Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment